To Exo or not to Exo? With Professor Mahmoud Torabinejad
Time & Location
About the Event
When non-surgical endodontic procedures fail, endodontic surgery is an alternative to extraction and placement of a partial denture, bridge or an implant.
During the lecture, Professor Torabinejad will discuss when to retreat and when to perform surgical endodontics. Various types of endodontic surgeries, including their indications, will be discussed. Steps in minimal trauma apical micro surgery (MTAMS) using innovative and new techniques and materials including ap designs, ostectomy, root end resection, root end preparation, root end filling, suturing and post-operative instructions will be presented.
Lectures - 4 CPD
1. Alternatives to extraction such as root resection and autotransplantation
2. The most recent literature on implant prognosis versus endodontic treatment modalities
3. Decision making process behind choosing endodontics
4. Retreat or endodontic surgery over implant replacement discuss assessment of the endodontic case via an evidence based approach
5. Recent materials such as bioceramics and MTA and their important role in improving outcome of surgical endodontics
**Open to all dentists, endodontists, other specialists predoctoral and postgraduates who are interested in obtaining insight and guidelines on how to perform surgical endodontics.
DR. MAHMOUD TORABINEJAD
is an adjunct professor of endodontics at the University of Pacific Arthur D Dogoni School of Dentistry and University of California in San Francisco, an Affiliate Professor in the Department of Endodontics, University of Washington School of Dentistry in Seattle and former director of the advanced specialty education program in endodontics at Loma Linda University School of Dentistry. He is the inventor of MTA, the #1 author of citation classics in endodontics, publisher of 350 articles, author/co-author of six textbooks. He is the Number 1 author of citation classics in the field of endodontics and regenerative endodontics. He received the AAE Ralph F. Sommer Award in 1986, the AAE Louis I. Grossman Award in 1993, and he received the Philanthropist Award from the AAE Foundation in 1997. As an individual who had displayed leadership and exemplary dedication to dentistry and endodontics, he is the recipient of the Edgar D. Coolidge Award of the AAE in 2016. In recognition of his significant pioneering contributions to health sciences, he received the Loma Linda University distinguished investigator award in 2013. He is a past president of the California Association of Endodontics and past president of the American Association of Endodontists and its Foundation.
Dr. Mehdi Rahimi BSc, BDS (distinction), DCD (Endo), MRACDS, FICD
- Lecture only - Gold Ticket$495$4950$0
- Lecture - Post Graduate$302.50$302.500$0
- Lecture - Recent Grad (1 year)$302.50$302.500$0
- Lecture - Student$302.50$302.500$0