Essentials of Prosthodontics
Time & Location
About the Event
Due to the South East Queensland Lockdown, this course has been postponed. If you have registered to this course, you will have received an email advising you of a course update, please respond to this email with your intended response. If you have not received this, please check your junk/spam folder or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of the biggest restorative challenges for new graduates is being able to assess when a tooth is best served with an indirect restoration. This course covers the theory in assessing which teeth needs what restoration and when. Participants will then be able to perform various crown preparations on models under the guidance of Dr Michael Mandikos.
- When do I do a crown?
- Indications for the use of PFM, Zirconia, Emax
- Principles of crown prep design for molars, premolars and incisiors
Hands on Component
Crown preparations on:
Dr Michael Mandikos
Dr. Mandikos is a registered specialist in Prosthodontics. Michael received his Bachelor of Dental Science Degree with First Class Honours, from the University of Queensland. In 1995 he moved to the United States where he enrolled into a three-year Advanced Education Residency Program at the State University of New York at Buffalo (USA). In 1998, he graduated with a Certificate in Prosthodontics and Masters Degree in Biomaterials. His research was in composite resin materials and he has published several research papers in Australian and international journals on clinical and dental materials topics, as well as many clinical technique articles in local dental magazines. Michael was admitted as a Fellow of The Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons in 2000, after receiving the Sutherland Prize for the highest examination pass that year.
Aside from his private practice, Michael is a Visiting Specialist Prosthodontist to the University of Queensland Dental School and formerly to the Royal Australian Air Force. He is also a Specialist Clinical Associate at the University of Sydney. Michael has been a Reviewer for the Australian Dental Journal and the journal of Lasers in Medical Science, and he is on the Editorial Review Boards for journals - Quintessence International and Clinica (International Journal of Brazilian Dentistry). Michael is also a product evaluator for several dental companies and he regularly presents continuing education programs at Dental meetings throughout Australia, Southeast Asia and the USA.
1) Option to transfer to another course date within 1 year
2) Cancellations more than 30 days before course start date - full refund minus $200 administration fee
3) Cancellations between 15 to 29 days before course start date - 75% refund minus $200 administration fee
4) Cancellations between 8 to 14 days before course start date - 50% refund minus $200 administration fee
5) Cancellations between 0 to 7 days before course start date - no refund
- Registration$1,500+$150 GST$1,500+$150 GST0$0