Sat, 11 Feb|
Sydney Eye Hospital
Essentials of Oral Surgery Hands On Cadaver Course - Sydney February 2023
If you have trouble with Exo's then this course is for you. Join our highly regarded OMFS as you do a full 2-day hands on CADAVER intensive. This is a rare opportunity to work under the guidance of great oral maxillofacial surgeons and to work on human cadavers. This course gives 14 CPD points.
Time & Location
11 Feb, 8:30 am AEDT – 12 Feb, 5:00 pm AEDT
Sydney Eye Hospital, 8 Macquarie St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
About the Event
This is a course specifically composed for dentists wanting to improve their sectional and/or surgical extraction skills.
You have the unique and singular opportunity to practice these extractions and surgical techniques on human specimens under the guidance of OMFS’s and oral surgery experts.
You will be shown first and then have the ability to perform on your own specimen:
- Raising full thickness flaps (you can also practice split thickness or any other flap design you wish)
- Suturing techniques
- Sectioning and removal of molars-Maxillary and Mandibular
- Bone guttering techniques
- OAC Repair - buccal fat pad advancement
You also have the opportunity to:
- Explore and visualise the human anatomy that dentists should be familiar with: Mental nerve, IAN, lingual nerve and artery, palatal nerves and arteries
- You may wish to open up a window into the sinus and visualise the proximity of this to the maxillary molar roots. *
- You may wish to practice flap advancement techniques or palatal graft retrieval. *
* These techniques are not demonstrated or taught but are an example of what you can practice on your specimen.
Working on human specimens in a laboratory environment will give you the opportunity to get a feel for the procedures in a way that no plastic models, pig jaw or even a live patient will ever do.
- Dr. Kristian Van Mourik
- Dr. Karrar Bohreh
- 14 CPD
1) Option to transfer to another course date or credit voucher to use within 1 year*
2) Cancellations more than 31 days before course start date - full refund minus $200 administration fee
3) Cancellations between 15 to 30 days before course start date - 50% refund minus $200 administration fee
5) Cancellations between 0 to 14 days before course start date - no refund
*AHC must be notified in writing of transfer no less than 14 days prior to the event.
*Credits/transfer cannot be refunded at a later date.