Sat, 19 Aug|
Sydney Eye Hospital
Essentials of Oral Surgery Hands On Cadaver Course - Sydney August 2023
SOCKET GRAFTING ADDITION - full 2-day hands on human CADAVER intensive. This is a rare opportunity to work under the guidance of great OMFS's. You will improve your surgical extraction techniques. This course gives 14 CPD points.
Time & Location
19 Aug, 8:30 am AEST – 20 Aug, 5:00 pm AEST
Sydney Eye Hospital , 8 Macquarie St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
About the Event
BECOME A AHC MEMBER AND GET 15% OFF
This is a course specifically composed for dentists wanting to improve their sectional and/or surgical extraction skills.
You have the unique and singular opportunity to practice these extractions, surgical techniques and socket preservation on human specimens under the guidance of OMFS’s and oral surgery experts.
You will be taught and shown first, then have the ability to perform on your own HUMAN CADAVER:
- Raising full thickness flaps (you can also practice split thickness or any other flap design you wish)
- The ABCs of OPGs
- Suturing techniques
- Sectioning and removal of molars-Maxillary and Mandibular
- Bone guttering techniques
- Atraumatic Extractions
- Exploratory anatomy and local anaesthesia techniques
- OAC Repair - buccal fat pad advancement
- Introduction to the science and hands on of socket grafting for ridge preservation
An essential skill that all dentists should be able to offer routinely to their extraction patients. In this day and age, patients, more often than not, expect an implant replacement. Learn how to assess your extraction site for graft necessity. Learn how to select the correct membranes and bone. Practise grafting on your freshly extracted sites in your cadavers and get a feel for just how tricky this can be! (You don't want to be trying this for the first time in a live patient).
You also have the opportunity to:
- Explore and visualise the human anatomy that dentists should be familiar with: Mental nerve, IAN, lingual nerve and artery, palatal nerves and arteries
- You may wish to open up a window into the sinus and visualise the proximity of this to the maxillary molar roots. *
- You may wish to practice flap advancement techniques or palatal graft retrieval. *
* These techniques are not demonstrated or taught but are an example of what you can practice on your specimen.
Working on human specimens in a laboratory environment will give you the opportunity to get a feel for the procedures in a way that no plastic models, pig jaw or even a live patient will ever do.
- Dr. Krishnan Parthasarathi
- Dr. Karrar Bohreh
- 14 CPD
Cancellation Policy: 1) Option to transfer to another course date or credit voucher to use within 1 year*
2) Cancellations more than 31 days before course start date - full refund minus $200 administration fee 3) Cancellations between 15 to 30 days before course start date - 50% refund minus $200 administration fee 4) Cancellations between 0 to 14 days before course start date - no refund *AHC must be notified in writing of transfer no less than 14 days prior to the event & credits/transfers cannot be refunded at a later date.
Bank Transfer Payment
Payment via bank transfer must be made immediately upon registering. Funds must be cleared within two days of invoice date. Registration will automatically be removed if funds are not cleared within this timeframe.
In case of sickness which the attendee is unable to attend the course, AHC Dental Ed is be happy to transfer the funds to another course within 12 months, however a doctors certificate must be provided.