Fri, 07 July|
QT Hotel Queenstown
Advanced Endodontics Hands On Course - Queenstown NZ July 2023
Join us for a comprehensive 2-day hands-on intensive to boost your Endodontic skills. This course gives 14 CPD hours.
Time & Location
07 July 2023, 8:30 am – 08 July 2023, 5:00 pm
QT Hotel Queenstown, 30 Brunswick Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
About the Event
BECOME A AHC MEMBER AND GET 15% OFF
Join us for a two day intensive to boost or update your endodontic skills.
This course is designed to reinforce the essential principles of endodontics and then teach the most current access, preparation and obturation methods both theoretically and with a hands on component.
You will also learn the advanced techniques of MB2 canal location, post removal, perforation and open apex repair.
You will have the opportunity to use a microscope to carry out these techniques if you wish.
- Endodontic access (includes anatomy) and negotiation
- Root canal length determination and how to optimise the accuracy of the apex locator
- Microbial control techniques - Chemomechanical disinfection of the root canal system
- Root canal preparation using various rotary NiTi instruments
- Current concepts and trends in Obturation - focus is on modified warm vertical compaction techniques
- Management of difficult cases and endodontic misadventures
- How to avoid litigation in endodontics
- Principles of endodontic retreatment and use of retreatment files
- Management of open apices and use of mineral trioxide aggregate
- Preparation of plastic blocks using at a minimum 2 different rotary file systems
- Access and location of MB2 canal in upper 6
- Chemo mechanical preparation of your upper 6 with a chosen rotary file system
- Obturation - Warm vertical compaction of your prepared tooth
- Fibre and metal post cementation
- Removal of fibre and metal post
- Removal of the gutta percha - re-treatment exercise
- Remedying endodontic misadventures - purpose made tooth used to 1) Bypass a ledge 2) Repair an open apex (MTA) and 3) Repair a perforation (MTA)
All participants are required to bring 2 extracted upper first permanent molars with access cavity prepared ready for the MB2 location hands on exercise. There will NOT be any available on the day so please start collecting now to avoid disappointment.
Whilst there will be some microscopes available for use, there will not be one for everyone. Loupes and illumination are mandatory for this course - If you wish to attend but don’t have loupes or illumination, please let us know beforehand and we will try and organise you a loaner pair.
- Dr. Mehdi Rehimi
- Dr. Mark Johnstone
- Dr. Abdul Azzizi
- 14 CPD
Cancellation Policy: 1) Option to transfer to another course date or credit voucher to use within 1 year*
2) Cancellations more than 31 days before course start date - full refund minus $200 administration fee 3) Cancellations between 15 to 30 days before course start date - 50% refund minus $200 administration fee 4) Cancellations between 0 to 14 days before course start date - no refund *AHC must be notified in writing of transfer no less than 14 days prior to the event & credits/transfers cannot be refunded at a later date.
Bank Transfer Payment
Payment via bank transfer must be made immediately upon registering. Funds must be cleared within two days of invoice date. Registration will automatically be removed if funds are not cleared within this timeframe.
In case of sickness which the attendee is unable to attend the course, AHC Dental Ed is be happy to transfer the funds to another course within 12 months, however a doctors certificate must be provided.
- Ticket type
Full registration ticketPrice$2,750.00Sold Out
- Ticket type
BUNDLE - Direct Resto + Endo
Registration for both coursesPrice$3,825.00Sold Out
This event is sold out