Advanced Endodontics Hands On Course - February 2021
Time & Location
About the Event
Unfortunately we have had to postpone this course until a later date. An email has been sent out to attendees with your options. If you have not received this email, please contact us at email@example.com.
TAKE YOUR ENDO TO THE NEXT LEVEL!
Join Drs Mehdi Rahimi, Jonathan Moore and Mark Johnstone for a comprehensive 2-day hands-on intensive to boost your Endodontic skills. This course will give 14 CPD hours.
• Endodontic access (includes anatomy) and negotiation
• Root canal length determination and how to optimise the accuracy of the apex locator
• Microbial control techniques - Chemomechanical disinfection of the root canal system
• Root canal preparation using various rotary NiTi instruments with a focus on protaper-next files
• Current concepts and trends in Obturation - focus is on modified warm vertical compaction techniques
• Management of difficult cases and endodontic misadventures
• How to avoid litigation in endodontics
• Principles of endodontic retreatment and use of protaper retreatment files
• Management of open apices and use of mineral trioxide aggregate
• Locating MB2 **Course Highlight**
• Warm vertical compaction Obturation technique
• Retreatment and removal of post core
**Participants will have a rare opportunity to use microscopes for their work also**
* All participants are required to bring 2 extracted upper first permanent molars with access cavity prepared ready for the MB2 location hands on exercise. There will NOT be any available on the day so please start collecting now to avoid disappointment.
Dr Mehdi Rahimi
Dr Rahimi is an Adjunct Associate Professor at Charles Sturt University (Orange). Mehdi graduated with a Bachelor in Dental Surgery with distinction from the University of Otago (New Zealand) in 2002 and received his Doctorate of Clinical Dentistry (Endo) degree from the University of Melbourne in 2008. He has been actively involved in Endodontic teaching at various continued education levels, both nationally and internationally. Mehdi is a guest lecturer at Sydney University and Melbourne University, and a CPD mentor for the Australian Dental Association NSW. Mehdi has obtained a number of publications in the field of forensic dentistry and Endodontics (resin based obturation material and fractured instruments). In 2000 he was awarded the Sir Allan Wilkinson award for the most worthwhile research in Medicine and Dentistry from the University of Otago, in 2001 he was awarded the International Association for Dental Research Young Researchers Award and in 2002 Mehdi received the Pierre Fauchard Academy Award of Merit. Mehdi is the current President of the Australian Society of Endodontology (NSW branch), the immediate past-president of the Australian Asian Association of Dentists, a fellow of the International College of Dentists (FICD), a fellow of the Pierre Fauchard Academy, a member of the Australian Dental Association (NSW) Education & Research Committee, a member of the Royal Australian College of Dental Surgeons in Endodontics, and a member of the Australian and New Zealand Academy of Endodontists.
Dr Jonathan Moore
Dr Jonathan Moore graduated with a Bachelor of Dental Science (Honours) from the University of Queensland in 2003. Following a number of years in both private and public practice, Jonathan graduated as a Doctor of Clinical Dentistry in endodontics from the University of Melbourne in 2008. He was awarded membership of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons in the Special Field of Endodontics in 2008 and has a particular interest in rotary nickel titanium instrumentation, restoration of endodontically treated teeth, and dental trauma.
Jonathan is a registered specialist endodontist with the Dental Board of Australia. He is also a member of the Australian Dental Association, the Australian and New Zealand Academy of Endodontists and is a past-President of the Australian Society of Endodontology (Queensland). He is actively involved with endodontic education, lecturing students from the University of Queensland, Griffith University and James Cook University. Other speaking engagements include local dental study groups, Australian Dental Association Conferences and hands-on rotary endodontic instrumentation courses for dentists.
Dr Mark Johnstone
Mark graduated with a Bachelor of Dental Science with Honours from the University of Melbourne in 2008. He was on the Deans Honours List and winner of the Ernest Joske Prize in final year dentistry. He
completed his Doctor of Clinical Dentistry in Endodontics in 2014 from the University of Melbourne. He has been involved in teaching undergraduate students and lectured within Australia, and is a member
of the Australian Dental Association and the Australian Society of Endodontology. He currently works in specialist practice in Victoria and New South Wales.
"An exceptional course to hone your endodontic skills! With a focus on contemporary endo skills and techniques, a weekend with Dr Rahimi and Dr Moore will enable you to perform more predictable endo treatment and equip you with the confidence to find the mythical MB2! Excellent course, would do again!"
- Dr J.Dantes
"Very relevant topics, and interesting too. Defintely eye opening and applicable as a recent graduate."
- Dr Y.Yap
"Great course, great organisation, great venue and food. Looking forward to more hands on courses like this."
- Dr A. Chou
SPACES ARE STRICTLY LIMITED. BOTH OUR COURSES LAST YEAR SOLD OUT VERY FAST AND A LOT OF DENTISTS WERE TURNED AWAY.
WE WOULD SUGGEST THAT YOU GET IN ASAP OTHERWISE YOU WILL MISS OUT THIS UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY. REGISTER TODAY!
FOR THE LATEST UPDATES AND COURSES FOLLOW US ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
1) Option to transfer to another course date within 1 year
2) Cancellations more than 30 days before course start date - full refund minus $200 administration fee
3) Cancellations between 15 to 29 days before course start date - 75% refund minus $200 administration fee
4) Cancellations between 7 to 14 days before course start date - 50% refund minus $200 administration fee
5) Cancellations between 0 to 6 days before course start date - no refund
By registering to our courses, you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions. For full T&Cs, please click here.
- Sold OutEarly Bird Ticket$1,540GST included$1,540GST included0$0
- Sold OutGold Ticket$1,760GST included$1,760GST included0$0
- Wait List$0$00$0