Sun, 15 Mar|
ADA NSW Centre for Professional Developm
Predictable File Removal and Management with Dr Yoshi Terauchi and Dr George Bogen - Sunday 15th March 2020
Ever broken a file inside a tooth? Learn and practice removing separated endodontic instruments from the pioneer of file retrieval!
Time & Location
15 Mar 2020, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
ADA NSW Centre for Professional Developm, 1 Atchison St, St Leonards NSW 2065, Australia
About the Event
Broken instruments can complicate disinfection and seem impossible to remove, causing stress for the clinicians involved. Although historic literature assumes that endodontic instruments cannot be retrieved and that extraction or apical surgery are indicated, Dr Yoshi Terauchi has researched, published and pioneered his own techniques for predictable, reliable and safe, steps to remove separated instruments.
After attending the day course, the attendees will be able to:
· Recognise factors affecting the likelihood of separating an instrument
· Understand the influence of instrument separation on prognosis
· Discuss with patients the implications of instrument separation
· Assess case difficulty with CBVT imaging and determine the ideal protocol for the removal of the separated instruments.
· Perform file removal in various scenarios
· Obturate teeth after instrument removal
· Understand the strengths and pitfalls of various obturation systems
· Understand the various application of bioceramics in endodontics
Dr Yoshi Terauchi DDS PhD
Dr Yoshi Terauchi has published multiple articles on file retrieval. Three of which are published in the Journal of Endodontics. He also authored an educational textbook called “How to Endodontics” and has recently authored a chapter of the 11th edition of “Pathways of the Pulp." He lectured on “Application of Cone Beam CT in Endodontics" for American Academy of Endodontists (AAE) in 2012 and performed the AAE workshop for instrument retrieval in 2013, 2018 and 2019.
Dr George Bogen DDS Cert Endo
Dr George Bogen has published multiple articles and textbook chapters relating to the multifaceted use of Mineral Trioxide Aggregate, particularly in the use of obturation techniques.
$2650 Incl GST AUD ANZAE members
$2950 Incl GST AUD NON ANZAE members
$1900 Incl GST Post Grad rate (limited to first 5)
FREE Post Graduate Observer/Assistant (limited to 5 spaces)
- Participants are limited to 22 participants per day. Preference will be to endodontists, endodontic residents and general dentists with advanced endodontic training which will be assessed on a case-by-case basis by course convenor Dr Mehdi Rahimi.
To register for the Saturday 14th March 2020 course, please click here.
FOR THE LATEST UPDATES, COURSES AND PROMOTIONS FOLLOW US ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
1) Option to transfer to another course date within 1 year
2) Cancellations more than 30 days before course start date - full refund minus $200 administration fee
3) Cancellations between 15 to 29 days before course start date - 75% refund minus $200 administration fee
4) Cancellations between 7 to 14 days before course start date - 50% refund minus $200 administration fee
5) Cancellations between 0 to 6 days before course start date - no refund
Gold Ticket - ANZAE Members
Prices include GST. For ANZAE Members Only.$2,650.00
Gold Ticket - Non-ANZAE Member
Prices include GST. For General Dentists.$2,950.00
Post Graduate Ticket
Strictly limited to 5 tickets. Only for Post Graduates. Prices include GST.$1,900.00
Post Grad Observer/Assistant
For Endodontic Post Graduates Only. This ticket allows the ticket holder to attend the lectures and observe the hands on component but cannot partake in the hands on exercises.$0.00