Minimal Trauma Apical Micro Surgery (MTAMS) with Professor Mahmoud Torabinejad
Time & Location
About the Event
When non-surgical endodontic procedures fail, endodontic surgery is an alternative to extraction and placement of a partial denture, bridge or an implant.
During the first half day of this two day course, Professor Torabinejad will discuss when to retreat and when to perform surgical endodontics. Various types of endodontic surgeries, including their indications, will be discussed. Steps in minimal trauma apical micro surgery (MTAMS) using innovative and new techniques and materials including ap designs, ostectomy, root end resection, root end preparation, root end filling, suturing and post-operative instructions will be presented.
During the second half of Day 1 of this course, the participants will perform modern surgical endodontics on mandibular and maxillary molars of specially designed models and then on Day 2 will perform modern surgical endodontics on mandibular and maxillary molars in cadaver jaws.
Lectures - Day 1 Morning (4 CPD)
1. Alternatives to extraction such as root resection and autotransplantation
2. The most recent literature on implant prognosis versus endodontic treatment modalities
3. Decision making process behind choosing endodontics
4. Retreat or endodontic surgery over implant replacement discuss assessment of the endodontic case via an evidence based approach
5. Recent materials such as bioceramics and MTA and their important role in improving outcome of surgical endodontics
**Open to all dentists, endodontists, other specialists predoctoral and postgraduates who are interested in obtaining insight and guidelines on how to perform surgical endodontics.
To register for lecture only please go to the following link: https://www.ahcdentaled.com/event-info/do-we-rct-or-exo-with-professor-mahmoud-torabinejad
Hands-on - Day 1 Afternoon and Day 2 (13 CPD for the 2 days) spaces strictly limited to 20
1. Learn how to perform MTAMS on mandibular and maxillary molars on specially designed models.
2. Learn how to perform MTAMS on mandibular and maxillary molars of cadaver jaws.
3. Learn how to perform some adjunctive surgeries.
4. Learn how to manage soft tissue.
**This hands on course is designed for endodontists, endodontic residents and others (i.e. specialists from other fields and some dentists who meet the requirements which are to be approved by the course organisers, please email email@example.com)
DR. MAHMOUD TORABINEJAD
is an adjunct professor of endodontics at the University of Pacific Arthur D Dogoni School of Dentistry and University of California in San Francisco, an Affiliate Professor in the Department of Endodontics, University of Washington School of Dentistry in Seattle and former director of the advanced specialty education program in endodontics at Loma Linda University School of Dentistry. He has made over 200 national and international presentations in more than 40 countries. He has authored six textbooks and more than 350 publications. He is the Number 1 author of citation classics in the field of endodontics and regenerative endodontics. He received the AAE Ralph F. Sommer Award in 1986, the AAE Louis I. Grossman Award in 1993, and he received the Philanthropist Award from the AAE Foundation in 1997. As an individual who had displayed leadership and exemplary dedication to dentistry and endodontics, he is the recipient of the Edgar D. Coolidge Award of the AAE in 2016. In recognition of his significant pioneering contributions to health sciences, he received the Loma Linda University distinguished investigator award in 2013. He is a past president of the California Association of Endodontics and past president of the American Association of Endodontists and its Foundation.
Dr. Mehdi Rahimi BSc, BDS (distinction), DCD (Endo), MRACDS, FICD
- Full 2 Day Course$5,280$5,2800$0
- Sold OutPost Grad Full 2 Day Course$3,289$3,2890$0