Essentials of Paediatric Dentistry Hands on Course
Time & Location
About the Event
Learn how to improve your interactions with the paediatric patients. This course will be an introduction to paediatric dentistry and help you deal with patients with the most common presentations. This includes; restorative paediatric dentistry, molar-incisor hypomineralisation and dental trauma.
You will have hands on training placing stainless steel crowns and trauma splints with the most efficient and successful techniques.
Learn from our Paediatric Specialists Drs Tim Keys and Sarah Dumais Pelletier as they take you through lectures, cases and hands on workshop in this comprehensive course.
- How to Examine and Treat Paediatric Patients
- Minimally invasive dentistry approaches
- How to talk interact and talk to parents
- A review of molar-incisor hypomineralisation
- A review of dental trauma
Hands on: (Models)
- Placement of conventional stainless steel crowns
- Placement of conventional stainless steel crowns using Hall technique
- Splint placement for trauma using fishing wire
- Splint placement for trauma using SS wire with bending
Spaces limited to 20!
Dr. Sarah is trained to provide comprehensive dental treatment to children of all ages, as well as special needs and medically compromised patients. Dr Sarah can provide treatment using behavioural management techniques, nitrous oxide (laughing gas) or general anaesthesia, She particularly enjoys treating dental trauma, complex dental cases, patients with a fear of the dentist and children with Autism spectrum disorder.
Dr Tim loves providing dental care to children with special needs and dental anxieties. Dr Tim also provides care to children who have suered trauma, are born without enough teeth, or too many teeth and other developmental anomalies.
The Australian Dental Centre of Excellence is a new state of the art dental workshop training centre. With a dedicated clinical setting for live patient demonstrations, pre clinic area and lecture theatre this is a world-class facility.
Stay at home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance. Follow the directions of your local health authority and contact us as soon as possible so we can make arrangements for you.
1) Option to transfer to another course date within 1 year
2) Cancellations more than 30 days before course start date - full refund minus $200 administration fee
3) Cancellations between 15 to 29 days before course start date - 75% refund minus $200 administration fee
4) Cancellations between 8 to 14 days before course start date - 50% refund minus $200 administration fee
5) Cancellations between 0 to 7 days before course start date - no refund
- Standard Registration$1,400+$140 GST$1,400+$140 GST0$0