Fri, 01 Oct|
Australian Dental Centre of Excellence
Essentials of Oral Surgery Hands on Course - October 2021
If you extract teeth, then this is simply a MUST-ATTEND course. New to dentistry or an experienced clinician, you will learn from our OMFS about the essentials of oral surgery that you never learnt at dental school. 14 CPD Hours.
Time & Location
01 Oct 2021, 9:00 am AEST – 02 Oct 2021, 5:00 pm AEST
Australian Dental Centre of Excellence, 154 Ipswich Rd, Woolloongabba QLD 4102, Australia
About the Event
Have you ever been stuck in an extraction too long? Snapped a root and couldn’t flick it out? Or pushed a root into the sinus? If you extract teeth, then this is simply a MUST-ATTEND course. New to dentistry or an experienced clinician, you will learn from our OMFS's.
Dental extractions are not always straightforward and can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to be with prior planning and proper execution.
Learn from our OMFS as they take you through lectures, discussion sessions and cases and hands on workshop in this comprehensive two day course.
- Patient and case assessment
- Know your instruments, what to use and when
- Anaesthesia techniques for the hot pulp
- Modern extraction techniques
- Flap design and bone removal
- When to refer
- Interpreting OPGs
- What to do when things go wrong
- Managing the broken root tip
- Post-operative care
Hands on (models and sheeps' tongue):
- Bone guttering
- Raising a flap
- Impacted wisdom teeth
- Incision and drainage of pus
1) Option to transfer to another course date within 1 year
2) Cancellations more than 30 days before course start date - full refund minus $200 administration fee
3) Cancellations between 15 to 29 days before course start date - 75% refund minus $200 administration fee
4) Cancellations between 8 to 14 days before course start date - 50% refund minus $200 administration fee
5) Cancellations between 0 to 7 days before course start date - no refund
Miss out on a ticket? Put your name on the waitlist and we'll let you know when a space becomes avaliable.