Fri, 29 Sept|
James Cook Dental School Cairns
Essentials of Endodontics Hands On Course - Cairns September 2023
Presented by Adjunct Associate Professor Mehdi Rahimi and Dr Garima Sharma YOU WON'T WANT TO MISS OUT.
Time & Location
29 Sept 2023, 8:30 am AEST – 30 Sept 2023, 5:00 pm AEST
James Cook Dental School Cairns
About the Event
BECOME A AHC MEMBER AND GET 15% OFF
TAKE YOUR ENDO TO THE NEXT LEVEL!
This two-day lecture and hands-on course objective is to review the basic biologic principles behind endodontic treatment, enabling participants to carry out routine endodontic treatment in an effective and efficient manner.
Participants will carry out the various clinical exercises on specifically designed endodontic models and natural teeth, right from rubber dam and access to root canal preparation and obturation every step will be covered with interactive demonstrations. Temporisation of teeth with orthodontic bands will also be covered.
This course is also microscope assisted and a lot of the demonstrations will be via the scope for best learning experience.
- Understanding the importance of diagnosis before embarking on endodontic treatment
- Pre-operative assessment and treatment planning; Understanding when not to do endodontics
- How to master the rubber dam isolation for routine endodontic cases
- Understanding root canal anatomy and objectives to endodontic access design and preparation
- Tips and tricks for location of MB2 canal
- Improving accuracy of working length estimation with apex locators
- How to effectively negotiate the root canal system with modern and conservative techniques
- Understand the principles of conservative rotary instrumentation regardless of the system being used
- Rationale behind the use of medicaments and irrigants
- Modern concepts and techniques of obturation with focus on warm vertical technique for obturation
- Understand importance of an appropriate temporary seal with an emphasis on correct use of orthodontic bands to avoid fracture or loss of seal
- How to deal with endodontic emergencies
- Rubber Dam, Access and Molar Bands
- MB2 Location
- Chemomechanical Preparation
- Hybrid Warm Vertical Obturation
**Natural Teeth Requirements**
All participants are required to bring a minimum of the following:
- 1x Single Rooted Tooth (upper or lower incisor or canine)
- 1x Premolar (upper or lower)
- 1-2x Upper Molar
- 1x Lower Molar
Please have these teeth soaked in Formalin for at least 2 weeks and set them in putty non-accessed.
There will NOT be any available on the day so please start collecting now to avoid disappointment.
- Dr. Mehdi Rehimi
- Dr. Garima Sharma
- 14 CPD
1) Option to transfer to another course date or credit voucher to use within 1 year*
2) Cancellations more than 31 days before course start date - full refund minus $200 administration fee
3) Cancellations between 15 to 30 days before course start date - 50% refund minus $200 administration fee
4) Cancellations between 0 to 14 days before course start date - no refund
*AHC must be notified in writing of transfer no less than 14 days prior to the event & credits/transfers cannot be refunded at a later date.
Bank Transfer Payment
Payment via bank transfer must be made immediately upon registering. Funds must be cleared within two days of invoice date. Registration will automatically be removed if funds are not cleared within this timeframe.
In case of sickness which the attendee is unable to attend the course, AHC Dental Ed is happy to transfer the funds to another course within 12 months, however a doctors certificate must be provided.
Registration$2,420.00Tax: +$242.00 GST