Sat, 26 June|
The Star Gold Coast
Botulinum Toxin in Dentistry Hands on Course
Botulinum Toxin has proven to be an effective treatment modality for patients presenting with TMJ, Headaches and Migraines. This ONE day course will equip you with the knowledge and skill to carry out injectable treatments in a safe and effective manner. 7 CPD Hours.
Time & Location
26 June 2021, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm AEST
The Star Gold Coast, 1 Casino Dr, Broadbeach QLD 4218, Australia
About the Event
Botulinum Toxin has proven to be an effective treatment modality for patients presenting with TMJ, Headaches and Migraines. This one day course will equip you with the knowledge and skill to carry out injectable treatments in a safe and effective manner. Hands-on training will be supervised by highly-skilled trainers in small groups to maximize retention of knowledge. Plenty of time is allocated to this part of the day, so that you are confident to practice independently right away.
- Anatomical revision of landmarks - safe and unsafe zones
- Chemistry of Botulinum Toxin and mode of action
- Dosage - how much to administer?
- Most common Botulinum Toxin procedures
- Adjuntive treatment with splints and occlusal adjustments
- Safe injection zones: Specially mapped out landmark based training teaches how to inject safely and accurately to minimise complications
- Complications management: what to do if things don't go as planned
*participants will need to bring their own patient to administer Botulinum Toxin on.
**use of Botulinum Toxin is an additional fee. Attendees will need to order prior to the course to participate in the hands on. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to order.
Dr Lan Tran
Dr Tran graduated from the University of Queensland in 1995 after completing two published research projects and my Bachelor of Dental Science.
Lan has taught in the dental industry since 2001, with roles as an Associate Lecturer at the University of Queensland and a KOL for several Dental Companies.
She has been awarded a Distinguished Speakers Award as well as having been inducted into the Speaker’s Hall of Fame for Orthoworld. She maintains a busy private practice that focuses on cosmetic dentistry and uses injectables regularly to manage headaches, migraines and TMJ.
If you are feeling unwell on the dates of the course, please stay at home and contact our team.
1) Option to transfer to another course date within 1 year
2) Cancellations more than 30 days before course start date - full refund minus $200 administration fee
3) Cancellations between 15 to 29 days before course start date - 75% refund minus $200 administration fee
4) Cancellations between 8 to 14 days before course start date - 50% refund minus $200 administration fee
5) Cancellations between 0 to 7 days before course start date - no refund