Sat, 22 Feb|
CSU Dental & Oral Health Clinic, Orange
Advanced Endodontics Hands On Course - CSU February 2020
If you are struggling with ENDO, then this is the course for you. Join Specialist Endodontists Drs Mehdi Rahimi and Mark Johnstone in a 2-Day didactic, lecture and hands on intensive at Charles Sturt University, Orange. This course will give 14 CPD hours.
Time & Location
22 Feb 2020, 8:00 am AEDT – 23 Feb 2020, 4:30 pm AEDT
CSU Dental & Oral Health Clinic, Orange, Charles Sturt University, Leeds Parade, Orange NSW 2800, Australia
About the Event
ONLY 2 SPOTS REMAINING! LAST DAYS TO REGISTER
TAKE YOUR ENDO TO THE NEXT LEVEL!
Join Drs Mehdi Rahimi and Mark Johnstone for a comprehensive 2-day hands-on intensive to boost your Endodontic skills. This course will give 14 CPD hours.
• Endodontic access (includes anatomy) and negotiation
• Root canal length determination and how to optimise the accuracy of the apex locator
• Microbial control techniques - Chemomechanical disinfection of the root canal system
• Root canal preparation using various rotary NiTi instruments with a focus on protaper-next files
• Current concepts and trends in Obturation - focus is on modified warm vertical compaction techniques
• Management of difficult cases and endodontic misadventures
• How to avoid litigation in endodontics
• Principles of endodontic retreatment and use of protaper retreatment files
• Management of open apices and use of mineral trioxide aggregate
• Locating MB2 **Course Highlight**
• Warm vertical compaction Obturation technique
• Retreatment and removal of post core
**Participants will have a rare opportunity to use microscopes for their work also**
* All participants are required to bring 2 extracted upper first permanent molars with access cavity prepared ready for the MB2 location hands on exercise. There will NOT be any available on the day so please start collecting now to avoid disappointment.
Dr Mehdi Rahimi
Dr Rahimi is an Adjunct Associate Professor at Charles Sturt University (Orange). Mehdi graduated with a Bachelor in Dental Surgery with distinction from the University of Otago (New Zealand) in 2002 and received his Doctorate of Clinical Dentistry (Endo) degree from the University of Melbourne in 2008. Mehdi has been actively involved in Endodontic teaching at various continued education levels, both nationally and internationally. Mehdi is an Adjunct Senior Lecturer at Charles Sturt University, a guest lecturer at Sydney University and Melbourne University, and a CPD mentor for the Australian Dental Association NSW. Mehdi has obtained a number of publications in the field of forensic dentistry and Endodontics (resin based obturation material and fractured instruments). In 2000 Mehdi was awarded the Sir Allan Wilkinson award for the most worthwhile research in Medicine and Dentistry from the University of Otago, in 2001 he was awarded the International Association for Dental Research Young Researchers Award and in 2002 Mehdi received the Pierre Fauchard Academy Award of Merit. Mehdi is the current President of the Australian Society of Endodontology (NSW branch), the immediate past-president of the Australian Asian Association of Dentists, a fellow of the International College of Dentists (FICD), a fellow of the Pierre Fauchard Academy, a member of the Australian Dental Association (NSW) Education & Research Committee, a member of the Royal Australian College of Dental Surgeons in Endodontics, and a member of the Australian and New Zealand Academy of Endodontists.
Dr Mark Johnstone
Mark graduated with a Bachelor of Dental Science with Honours from the University of Melbourne in 2008. He was on the Deans Honours List and winner of the Ernest Joske Prize in final year dentistry. He completed his Doctor of Clinical Dentistry in Endodontics in 2014 from the University of Melbourne. He has been involved in teaching undergraduate students and lectured within Australia, and is a member of the Australian Dental Association and the Australian Society of Endodontology. He currently works in specialist practice in Victoria and New South Wales.
"An exceptional course to hone your endodontic skills! With a focus on contemporary endo skills and techniques, a weekend with Dr Rahimi and Dr Moore will enable you to perform more predictable endo treatment and equip you with the confidence to find the mythical MB2! Excellent course, would do again!"
- Dr J.Dantes
"Very relevant topics, and interesting too. Defintely eye opening and applicable as a recent graduate."
- Dr Y.Yap
SPACES ARE STRICTLY LIMITED. OUR COURSES THIS YEAR SOLD OUT VERY FAST AND A LOT OF DENTISTS WERE TURNED AWAY.
WE WOULD SUGGEST THAT YOU GET IN ASAP OTHERWISE YOU WILL MISS OUT THIS UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY. REGISTER TODAY!
FOR THE LATEST UPDATES AND COURSES FOLLOW US ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE.
1) Option to transfer to another course date within 1 year
2) Cancellations more than 30 days before course start date - full refund minus $200 administration fee
3) Cancellations between 15 to 29 days before course start date - 75% refund minus $200 administration fee
4) Cancellations between 7 to 14 days before course start date - 50% refund minus $200 administration fee
5) Cancellations between 0 to 6 days before course start date - no refund
Miss out? Get your name on the wait list and we'll contact you for the next course!
This ticket includes GST
Get in quick, early bird discount! Only a limited number of tickets.